Changes to the civil status of individuals after the birth registration document has been issued in accordance with provisions of article 14 of law 344/76, occur through:
- Acknowledgment of paternity
- Questioning of paternity
- Challenging of paternity
- Addition or change of first name
- Addition or change of last name
- Addition or change of citizenship
- Addition or change of religion
- Change of gender
NOTE: The changes are registered on the birth registration document within one month of the date the change took place.
– FEE Receipts of fee paid to the Public Financial Service (Δ.Ο.Υ) or from eparavolo https://www1.gsis.gr/sgsisapps/eparavolo/public/welcome.htm
– No fee is required if the birth is declared within the first 90 days.
– if the registration takes place between the 90th and 180th day a fee of 5.40 euro is required to be paid at the Public Financial Service (Δ.Ο.Υ) or the fee can be paid through eparavolo code number 3826 for 5.40 Euros.
– if the registration takes place after 180 days from the birth, a fee 15.60 euro is required to be paid at the Public Financial Service (Δ.Ο.Υ)or the fee can be paid through eparavolo code number 3827 for 15.60 Euros.
Changes may be registered at the Special Civic Registry a) by the person who caused the change b) by the person whose civil status changed c) by a duly authorized third party; by means of notarized Special Power of Attorney d) by a lawyer duly authorized; by means of notarized Special Power of Attorney.